Monday, April 29, 2013

My life

I am Sara Neel I live in Arkadelphia.  I have lived here my whole life and I don't really want to live anywhere else.  This town is quiet and safe most of the time.  I have a wonderful mother  who raised me and she did not have a college education she has inspired me to get my college education that way I do not have to work in factory just to make ends meat.  I have a five year old son who is my life.  I am currently working full time at Walgreens that way I can support both my son and I.  I have worked at Walgreens for over 5 years now I am a Senior Beauty Advisor.  This means that I am in charge of the cosmetic department.  I have many responsibilities such as making sure my crew does their job, order items for customers and the store, and give great customer service.  I graduated from College Of The Ouachitas about a year ago, with my associates degree in Associates of  Arts and in General Studies.  I am currently attending Henderson State University and majoring in General Education.  My past experiences with teachers made my decision to become a teacher and I also want to be able to create a better future for my son and I. My son is in kindergarten and I help him with his homework.  I am already experiencing how teaching is going to be.  I have to teach him how to ready, learn addition and subtraction and how to get along with other children.  I attend a Baptist church called Valley Missionary Baptist Church in Bismarck I help with the children sometimes on Wednesday evening. I have started this blog to inform you a little about my life and my career goals.




2 comments:

  1. Sara, I too grew up in Arkadelphia. It is a nice place to live and call home. I wonder if I know your mom. I graduated from Arkadelphia in '88. I would highyly recommend that you do get your degree. I worked for Danfoss there in Arkadelphia for almost 20 years and now have been given the opportunity to finish up my degree here at Henderson. Next time I am in Walgreens I will have to see if I see you there. Your son is a nice looking young man. Kids can make you feel great, I have two of my own. I am sure you will make a good teacher and glad you are working on that goal to help not only yourself but that son of yours. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jay, my mom went to Bismarck but she did worked at Danfoss too for almost 20 years. My brother has worked out their for a while. Yes my son makes me feel so strong most of the time. I always look at him to reinsure me that I am doing the right thing. I like visitors at work so come say hi sometime. Good Luck to you too!!!!

    ReplyDelete